Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ziploc bags. Don’t leave bed without them.

This lesson I learned when I was pregnant with Fiona and use it too often with this pregnancy.  Ziploc bags make for great vomit receptacles.  Now it did take me a bit and a few embarrassing situations (vomiting in hallways, elevators, parking lots, places no one wants to see) to figure this out but I’m a pretty quick learner and began carrying them with me.  If you see me these days, just ask where my Ziploc bag is.  I have many and they are everywhere.  I currently have one tucked into my waistband as I am wearing pants with no pockets and a T-shirt.  My anxiety level would be greatly increased if I did not have one on me at all times.  I always have a backup and my trusty backpack comes in handy.  Two bags live in there.  There are even some next to my bed as you just never know when you might need one.  Jacket pockets are great as are purses and diaper bags.   


There has to be a lot in the car.  No question.  I learned that lesson in the car after I only had one, had already used it and reopened it.  Bad idea.  When I was in labor with Fiona, Ryan did a smart thing and just took the box with us in the car.  Now some of you might be entirely grossed out by this and I get it.  Then you have my husband who is great about taking my Ziploc bags after I get home from work (often there is vomiting on the way home) and he often comments about it and what I ate that day.  He never ceases to put a smile on my face.  I’ve also learned you don’t want to go cheap, buy the Ziploc brand.  They seal well.  Can’t have the bags coming open, it really defeats the purpose of them in the first place.  If only they made one that wasn't see-through. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, very helpful my wife is going under the same scenario right now. Just curious though what size worked best for ya? Thx. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd stick with gallon size. Hopefully your wife won't fill it up but the opening is a much better size to vomit into than the other sizes. Remember, never re-open a bag after it's been used. Best of luck to you and your wife!

    ReplyDelete