Sunday, March 27, 2011

Keeping it in perspective

I have said I am a lucky woman.  I truly believe that.  This experience while not easy is self limiting.  It has been a learning experience and I hope to come out of this a better person.  I am grateful to be surrounded by outstanding support.  There is nothing like a funeral to help me remember all of this.  Yesterday I attended the funeral of a dear friend's father.  It just reminds me how I need to cherish every minute and not wallow in what is not going well.  Don't get me wrong, I still think this vomiting business sucks.  But it just brought to the forefront that this will be over in 10 weeks (I'm personally shooting for 8) and I will end this ordeal with the most precious gift I could ask for.  How many people can say that being sick ends with something so wonderful?  This is the last time I will get to experience being 30 weeks pregnant, so I intend to make the most of it and enjoy what I can.  Those outstanding little kicks, rolls and seemingly dances of joy almost always put a smile on my face (occasionally they lead to vomiting, then I don't smile too much). 

I also want to share that I have been taking the Vitamin B6 since Thursday night.  I have not noticed much if any difference at this point.  The vomiting continues more often than I'd like.  On Friday a couple people told me that I looked a little better.  So its either good for my skin or they are just lying to me!  I will keep up with the B6 and give it a bit more time before I render a verdict. 

No comments:

Post a Comment