Sunday, March 13, 2011

The two faces of pregnancy.....

I got the idea to write this blog after I saw two pictures taken today.  First let me say I am by no means a writer so I will apologize in advance.  Both photos are of me, one caught me off guard and one was posed.  I feel as though they tell the story of my pregnancy well.  The first picture (it is a bit blurry) is how I really feel about life these days while the second picture is how I try to act and go about my daily life. 





A bit of background about my pregnancies.  I struggled with hyperemesis when I was pregnant with my daughter Fiona, but not to the extreme it is with this pregnancy.  Yes, we decided to try again and here I am pregnant with our second child (due June 5th) and this pregnancy has given hyperemesis a new meaning in my life.  I have a PICC line (peripherally inserted central catheter) and get continous IV fluids and zofran (an anti-nausea medication).  I don't drink anything as it is a sure fire way to induce vomiting.  Even still I continue to vomit.   

I am hoping this will be a place for me to share my thoughts, feelings and emotions (which seem like a bad roller coaster at times) about my imperfect pregnancy. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited to read this and I've lived it with you. Is that your IV pump beeping again? Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori - I'm looking forward to hearing more, even though I am not familiar with your condition. You are a strong woman and terrific mom. Your writing is from the heart and I appreciate that! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't say that I like this (because it sounds really hard) so much as that I am to hear more about what you have to say about this.

    ReplyDelete