Monday, March 14, 2011

My Guardian Angels

I feel compelled to write this entry now but I will soon post some background about my pregnancies and what hyperemesis is. 

I have been asked how I get through the day.  My first thought is what choice do I have but the real answer is I have great people surrounding me and a few people I must thank. 

Let me say that I can't even begin to name and thank all of my family, friends, nurses and doctors who have gotten me to this point.  Many of you have come with food, cleaned my house, watched Fiona, sent cards, said prayers and have done anything I've asked and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I have to tell you about a few people who deserve special mention. 

My husband, Ryan.  Now I met him in English class Junior year in high school.  I couldn't quite have imagined the same man I saw then holding my hair back while I vomit at 2am.  His is the most compassionate and remarkable man I know.  Yes, he gets up in the middle of the night to hold my hand or my hair while I vomit.  It sure is nice not to feel alone vomiting at 2am.  He gets up at all hours to change my IV bag and not once complains.  He unconditionally loves me and tells me I am beautiful even thought I know I've looked better.  He thanks me for doing this and in an instant he would do it if he could.  I could go on and on, but I hope you have an insight of what a phenomenal man I have standing by my side. 

My parents, Chuck and Mary.  These are the two most selfless people I know.  They have put their lives on hold to help me since mid October.  For a while I was pretty much unable to care for anyone or do anything.  They would come to my house before Ryan left for work and stay until he got home.  They cooked, cleaned (scrubbed puked in toilets and all), cared and played with Fiona and held my hand while I vomited.  My Dad will be singing Fiona a song one minute and then be snow blowing the driveway the next.  He is incredible, there isn't anything he wouldn't and hasn't done for us.  My Mom would leave after a long day here and come back early the next morning with Fiona safe food (she is allergic to soy), and if you know my mom that means snacks, a full dinner and any groceries we might have needed.  She has come to the hospital with me and held my hand while I wait for my PICC line and she knew her presence was all I needed.  If I can be half the mother she is I think Fiona and her little brother or sister will be two lucky kids.  

Fiona, my little 19 month old cutie.  What is there to say about her.  She never ceases to put a smile on my face.  I look at her and know this is well worth it.  She will come over if I am sick and wave and then bring me a toy or something else she has found laying around.  Thankfully only one toy has landed in the toilet.  She has brought a new meaning of joy to my life. 

So, the next time someone asks me how I get through the day my answer will come easily.  I have guardian angels here on earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment