Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Bitoski

I often call the baby "The Bitoski."  This likely makes no sense to anyone, so I will explain.  

Somehow Ryan ended up being called Mr O. (now I think my Dad may have started it but my memory could be wrong).  Once that started Ryan began calling me Mrs. O.  Apparently, one day I was bored with Mr. O. and decided to call him Mr. Oski instead.  No reason, just felt like it.  Imagine that.....it stuck and Oski gets thrown around here with other terms of endearment.  

So, when I was pregnant with Fiona, we had made up a lovely song that we sang to the "Baby In There."  Since the gender is unknown we began singing the song to this baby.  There is the BIT part.  Of course it just made sense in our warped minds to combine the BIT & Oski hence "The Bitoski."  As weird as it sounds, we like it.        

Somehow I think s/he will prefer his or her name better than The Bitoski! 

2 comments: