Monday, May 2, 2011

Less pukey, more rashy

Let's start with the good news.  For the past week I haven't been vomiting myself silly!  Yay!!!  Not to say I haven't vomited but it has been more tolerable and I only feel like I have a mild case of the flu instead of the having been hit by a mack truck.  I'll take it for sure.  I am absolutely keeping my fingers crossed this keeps up until the baby arrives.

On the other hand my PICC line has decided that since I am puking less it should take center stage.  Last week my skin started to blister and ooze again so we went back to every 2 day dressing changes while putting steroid cream on.  A tad bit of background - not sure if I mentioned but I got the line sutured in back in February when my skin got angry originally and blistered up.  I would say about 6 weeks ago one of the sutures got pulled out (my line got caught on a door handle and no it didn't feel good).  So it has been hanging on by one which has been ok.  On Saturday the other suture came out.  With both sutures out there wasn't much holding my line in.  Needless to say having my "lifeline" not secured isn't really an option and my skin is so blistered and irritated resuturing was the only good option.  So today I went back to St. Joe's to get the line sutured in.  

After my visit to St. Joe's



Every time I go there not in labor I am a little bitter and crabby about it all.  Next time.  Anyway after about 2 hours and some sweet talking the docs that the line is working fine I convinced them to suture it back in and let me go home. 


After Pam came....much better! 




The aftermath was messy but thankfully Pam came over tonight to fix it up.  Thankfully the line itself continues to work well.  It only needs to work for a few more weeks.  Oh, and the docs and nurses in radiology have a 3 to 1 vote that the baby is a girl.  We'll just have to wait and see! 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, owie. :(

    And not that it's much of a choice, but I also would pick rashy over pukey.

    ReplyDelete