Monday, April 25, 2011

Feeling pretty!

What girl doesn't like to feel pretty?  I think we all do.  I feel I have been lacking a bit in the pretty department lately (this is not a pity post where I want compliments, it is strictly me stating facts about how I am feeling).  Recently I was blessed to feel like a pretty pregnant lady!  I unhooked my IV fluids and zofran and had some photos taken. 

I feel less than pretty sometimes, but who doesn't?  First things first, the backpack is just plain ugly.  Enough said.  I used to shower every day.  Now it is a every 2 or 3 day thing (the PICC line is not conducive to showering and hot water is a nice vomiting trigger).  My hair is greasy and my comfortable clothes with lots of pockets for ziplocs are not the prettiest.  The broken blood vessels in my face from puking are also a really nice accessory to my sweatsuits.  


Wearing my glasses helps cover the bags under my eyes (man sometimes I look really bad without them) so those contacts have lived in the drawer for months.  One of these days I'll put them in again.  I am thankful that my parents have taught me about what is important and I am glad I have good self esteem.  It is easy enough to laugh at myself looking like a terrible grease ball.  

It was really nice to feel normal and beautiful. 

1 comment:

  1. Great pics, Lo.

    Also: Have you tried dry shampoo? I have a bottle of this stuff from Tresemme (smells fairly chemically, unfortunately), but it help de-grease hair on days you don't shower. It's a weekend trick for me, and it works well when I'm putting my fine hair into a ponytail.

    ReplyDelete