Saturday, April 9, 2011

What scares me

I don't think there is a pregnant woman out there who doesn't worry about the health of their unborn baby (well there might be but let's not think about them).  I try not to excessively worry but I am tremendously concerned about how my hyperemesis is affecting the baby.  I could go on about all the things that my mind comes up with, but I won't.  I am a nurse and I see odd things, so of course I imagine the worst.  I could easily write a novel about all the things that scare me but I will spare you all but a few things. 

The medications I take.  The one that really scares me is zofran (anti-nausea drug) which helps me not vomit 24/7.  I've been taking it since I was 6 weeks pregnant and I take a very high dose.  I try not to go to the ugly place in my mind that in the future they will learn it does crazy things to children.  But I did take it with Fiona and she is pretty awesome so that eases my mind slightly.       

My diet isn't ideal.  I do make a good effort to eat a well balanced diet.  But when it ends up in the toilet it seems futile sometimes and I get awful frustrated by it.  I honestly wonder why I bother eating nice green leafy things when I could flush them just as easily.  I'll read about what a pregnant lady should eat and I think well what I am eating is better than nothing.  Just the thought of fish (which has wonderful Omega - 3's) is well...lets move on. 

I am very reassured by my doctor and ultrasounds that the baby is doing well and growing like a weed.  I just need to have faith that the medications are helping me grow a healthy baby and are keeping me well enough to do so.  What other choice do I have? 

No comments:

Post a Comment