Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The morning phone call

Every morning I make a phone call to my home care nursing agency.  If they don't hear from me, they call me.  It reminds me a bit of being in the old folks home where if you don't turn on the light switch they come find you. 

Each day they want to know how I am doing and need specific information from me.  The big three that I can guarantee they want to know is how much do I weigh (yup, I get on the scale every morning), are my ketones negative and what my temperature is (which could possibly be a sign of an infection in my PICC line).  Depending on the day I will get asked other questions like how many times did you vomit and dry heave?  How many hours were you nauseated?  How many times did you pee?  To that question I would like to respond with something a bit sarcastic along the lines of really, with the 100 oz of fluid I get every day and the person who lives on my bladder, how many times do you think I pee?  Anyway, some days are different as Monday is inventory day.  I have a list of info and give them how many medications I have of each kind along with number of batteries, tubings, flushes, IV bags and dressing change kits.  Tuesday is of course delivery day.  

Most of the time I talk to the same nurse, Stephanie, but she doesn't work 7 days a week so sometimes I get someone different.  Depending on the day this is no big deal but sometimes it makes me crazy because I have to explain my world again.  With Stephanie the conversation is great and with some others it is painful.  If it is Monday and I get someone different I have to make sure they know what kind of tubing I use or I get something goofy in the mail or they don't send me enough IV fluids.  The rest of the chat goes something like this.  I sigh, take a deep breath and listen.  No, I don't drink.  Yes, it makes me vomit.  Yes, I tried a slushie, popsicle and every other type of frozen liquid you can imagine.  Yes, I've heard that lemon helps.  Yes, I know that a bland diet could help.  Yes, I tried the other 55 things you are going to recommend over the next 6 minutes and I've been doing this since October so can we cut the BS and end this lovely phone call (now I don't quite say that but man would I like to sometimes).  

Overall I really like my home nursing agency and I know the nurses I speak with everyday obviously care about my well being and that of the baby which is all I can ask for.        

No comments:

Post a Comment