Saturday, May 14, 2011

The latest on BP, puking and the Bitoski!

The first few days of bedrest haven't been too bad (but I haven't been here much).  The hardest part is when Fiona wants me to come play or pick her up....breaks my heart.  I'll hit the highlights of the past few days which have consisted of daily trips to the doc and I'll try not to ramble just because I have nothing else to do.  :) 
    Face pic (sideways). 
    You can make out the nose & lips. 
Bitoski.  S/he looks great!  Measuring at 38 weeks 1 day (I was 36 & 5 yesterday).  Blood flow and everything else looked great.  Yay!!!  

Blood pressure.  BP is still pretty high at times.  Peaked at 160/102 at the doc yesterday.  It does improve a bit when I am laying down (hence the bedrest). 

Pee.  We are now finding protein in my urine (first time was yesterday).  I finished doing a 24 hour urine collection to check the total protein. 

St. Joe's Labor & Delivery.  I spent a few hours both Thursday and Friday at St. Joe's watching the baby, my BP and having bloodwork done (which continues to look good).  I think I need to refuse to go back there until I am in labor, it's depressing to leave there pregnant. 

Headache = annoyance.  Essentially since the BP has been up I have been having a headache on & off going in waves of severity.  In attempting to take oral tylenol I entertained the nursing staff at St. Joe's.  Of course it ended up in my emesis basin within a few minutes.  I did explain liquids were no good but figured I should make an effort.  

Puking.  Seems slightly less annoying.  Probably because I can get up to do it.  Thankfully it has been tolerable. 

My cervix.  I have to thank it for doing a nice job of staying shut and protecting the baby up until now.  But now could you please thin out and open up?  It is currently pretty thick and barely open.  Boo.  

The plan.  Continue on bedrest.  We were darn close to having a baby yesterday but my cervix is so unfavorable now an induction would likely lead to a C-section.  No one wants that, especially me, for a handful of good reasons.  I go back to see the doctor on Monday.  

Until then I will keep the couch warm, watch my little lady play and be thankful I get the opportunity to have another baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment