Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I want to wish all the Mom's (and Mother's to be) a very happy Mother's Day.  When I think about Mother's Day a few things come to mind. 

Being a Mom.  It has brought endless joy to my life and there isn't a single thing I wouldn't do for Fiona or this baby.  While pregnancy has not been easy I wouldn't trade my children for the world.  Being a Mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me. 

Mother's Day 2010

My Mom.  When I hear the word Mom the first person I think of is my mom who is the most selfless woman I know.  I've said it before but if I could even begin to be half the Mom to my children she has been to me, my kids will be truly blessed.  I know I would not be who I am or where I am today without her.  I also would not be getting through this pregnancy without her love, help and support. 

A Mother's love.  When I was pregnant with Fiona people told me how much I would love the baby.  It is a concept you think you understand but I don't really think you can until the baby comes.  Then you have the ability to experience the love and bond that comes with parenthood.  The first time I really realized this was when I heard a story about an infant abduction on the news when Fiona was about a week or two old.  Those stories were touching to me before she was born but after she was here and heard the story I nearly had a panic attack at the thought of losing her.  The feeling of love is indescribable.  To all the future parents out there I won't attempt to explain it.  I'll let you all experience it.  I look forward to being a Mom for a second time and having that experience all over again.  

Happy Mother's Day to all those fantastic Mom's out in the world.   

No comments:

Post a Comment