Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Being prepared.

It isn't a secret that I am a planner and I enjoy organization.  Since I've had Fiona I've had to let that go a bit which I think hasn't been entirely a bad thing.  But overall I still strive for freakish organization if possible.  So of course I am well organized for the Bitoski to arrive. 

The Fiona factor.  Last pregnancy we could just up and leave for the hospital.  This time we have to consider Fiona.  So I did.  My parents live less than 10 minutes away so they will be called when the time comes (if they aren't already here).  I have a list of other family and friends (names and phone numbers) to call in case for some crazy reason my parents run away.  I think I am overly paranoid about Fiona because of her food allergies (soy & eggs - which doesn't sound like a big deal but start reading labels and you'd be surprised).  So needless to say I'd rather be over prepared.  I have a 4 page typed document about her normal routines and food that is in the freezer and in the fridge that is Fiona safe (yup I now update it every day just so I can sleep better at night).  I think to myself, my parents are here all the time, they know all of this....but like I said, they might just flee the state and then someone would need all this information.  And in my mind I will sleep better at night by having this done.   

The nursery is set.  Clothes are washed and organized by size.  Closet is set up.  Diapers are washed and stuffed.  Crib is ready with nice clean sheets.  It is as ready as it can be! 

Our go bag is packed.  There are a few things that can't be put in there right this minute (laptop, camera) but those 6 things are on a typed list on top of the bag (along with where to find them).  Gosh, I sound like a freak!  My thought on my freaky organization is this - if I can easily tell someone where to find something that makes everything less stressful.  I would rather not be running around and trying to pack a bag and find who knows what when labor day actually comes.  I'd rather spend a few extra minutes with Fiona or empty the dishwasher (I do remember Ryan gathering the computer last time I was in labor and I told him I thought we should empty the dishwasher instead).  I don't think the dishwasher ever got emptied before we left! 

So we are all prepared and ready.  Apparently all I need now is to work on my patience.....and have the baby.   

1 comment:

  1. Organization = calm = happy. :D

    Maybe I should have you come over and consult on my nursery setup (if you're out of projects, haha).

    ReplyDelete